Monday, September 19, 2011

Do I need another list?!?!

So here is a picture that is almost as scary as...well I'm sure there has to be something that is scarier out there but it's hard to think of anything...

That's right - it's our to-do list!  It's not even our " the whole house is done and we can sit back and relax" to-do list.  No - this is our "have to get it done before winter" to-do list!!  Now here is the kicker - this isn't really "our" list - this is Eric's to-do list.  My poor husband is never going to sleep again.  It's not that I wont help, but the majority of these items are things I can't do without him.  Obviously you can't read all the items on here but trust me when I say they are all the small and large things that need to happen in order to make our home more comfortable for winter and that will help us move onto the more of the "fun" stuff.

Instead of listing all of the things we need to do, I just wanted to generally update everyone on what we are currently working on.

1.  Selecting a color for our entry, hallways, staircase and upstairs landing
                  Some ideas of what inspire us
So we have the creamy white color that we want to use for not only the wainscoting but for all of the molding and ceilings as well - so obviously that isn't the issue.  Our problem is the tan/linen color we want to use - there are 5 MILLION shades of brown and I think I have looked at all of them...

Here were the 3 choices we thought would looked good...

Yeah - not so much...So it's back to our pile of colors.  Cross your fingers (and your toes) that we can figure out a good color before our walls are covered with 4x6 inch color spots.      






2.  Finish the new walls in the Entry and Dining room...so we can paint them.

3.  Install the laminate floors...YAY no more "shoes on, shoes off" moving from room to room.

4.  Finish painting the bookcase for the Library/Guest room - halfway done and counting.

So that's it for now.  Nothing too crazy or life altering (well, maybe the whole shoe thing - I hate shoes) - hopefully I will have another update soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment